« Home | Here are two lovely poems made from my site (to fi... » | Alright, here's some pictures of my current work! ... » | I started on my first ever sock today. I picked u... » | Wasn't I just talking about how I shouldn't be buy... » | Must....stop....buying....yarn.... Okay, after ... » | I'm starting a local Stitch & Bitch. If you live ... » | Introducing.........KNITWORTHY!!! (See right side... » | I'm a little more than 1/4 of the way finished wit... » | Welcome to another knitting blog. I am your host,... » 

Monday, June 16, 2003 

I am stoked! My order from Smiley's Yarns just arrived in this big box (it's like Christmas in June!). Everything was there including the free pattern books they sent me. One of them has a whole bunch of different socks in it (and some ugly sweaters that could be adapted to look better). And then there are three Bernat sweater patterns.

I got two balls of Paton's Kroy in light yellow and light blue. I'm going to use those to knit some two colored socks with. They were $1.99 a ball.

I also got six balls of Patons Classic Wool. Three in Navy Blue and three in Beige/Heather. I'm going to use those to make two felted handbags out of. They were $3.99 a ball.

Then I got three balls of Lion Brand Jiffy in Pueblo to make my parent's dog a sweater with. That only cost $1.00 per ball.

I also picked up 7 skeins of Wool-Ease Bonus Bundle in Ivory Sprinkles. This was the main reason for my order. I had been at Michael's a few weeks ago and found a ton of this stuff, in the same color, on clearance. I bought two skeins to make socks out of and was debating on whether or not to buy more. Once I had decided to make a whole set (hat, socks, scarf, gloves, and sweater) with this stuff I went back to Michael's (I had been there a few times since, and there were still at least 15 untouched skeins there). But, go figure that the day I go back to buy them they've removed all the clearance stuff from the shelves and the Ivory Sprinkles Wool-Ease is nowhere to be found! Fortunately about a week later I found it on Smiley's and in an 8oz (as opposed to a 3oz) skein. At $3.99 for an 8 oz skein, I grabed them.

And lastly I picked up 4 skeins of ABM Fluffy in white. It looked like a good deal, and thought I could either make a throw or a sweater from it. I was surprised when it came in that it is really soft and beautiful. That only set me back $3.99 for a 680 yard hank!

Now I just have to wait another week or so for my order from Wool Needlework to arrive. Then I'll stop buying yarn!

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates