« Home | Wasn't I just talking about how I shouldn't be buy... » | Must....stop....buying....yarn.... Okay, after ... » | I'm starting a local Stitch & Bitch. If you live ... » | Introducing.........KNITWORTHY!!! (See right side... » | I'm a little more than 1/4 of the way finished wit... » | Welcome to another knitting blog. I am your host,... » 

Friday, June 13, 2003 

I started on my first ever sock today. I picked up two skeins of this not-so-pretty brown wool-ease for $1.00 on clearance at Michael's about a week or two ago. So, I decided to use that for my first pair, that way if I screw it up it's no big waste. I'm using this pattern since it works with the wool-ease, and looks pretty basic and good for a first sock. On top of that, I'm using the Socks 101 tutorial to help me along the way. I've already cast on, moved the stitches to DPNs, and knitted about 3 rows. So far it hasn't been too hard, but I realize the heel still lies ahead, taunting me with every stitch.

I'm still working on trying to get pictures of my knitting accessible from my site. The camera isn't my problem (I have access to three). My problem is that SBC doesn't allow remote hosting, and I don't know where else to go to find it so I can post pictures directly on my site (any suggestions?!?!?!). But I have this huge amount of photo storage through SBC. It allows me to share my photo albums with the public. So, I think what I'm going to do is make a knitting folder, put the pictures in there, and then post the links to the pics on my site. But, I need to get that all figured out first.

Links to this post

Create a Link