« Home | Welcome to another knitting blog. I am your host,... » 

Tuesday, June 03, 2003 

I'm a little more than 1/4 of the way finished with Jonathan's afghan for his birthday...and his birthday is on Thursday!!! That's okay. Hopefully I'll have it finished in the next couple of weeks. Lately I've only been working on it on the train on my way to and from work. And I average about 3 or 4 rows each way. With about 4 rows per inch, 18 inches finished, and about 50 more inches to go it should only take me until the first week or so in July if I don't work on it outside my commute. In terms of time, it takes me about 10 minutes to finish a row. I have about 200 or so more rows to go (4 rows/inch times 50 rows). So it should take about 2000 more minutes, or 33 hours and 20 minutes. So, I could finish it this weekend if I spent the entire weekend working on it...but fat chance of that. Oh well, it's summer anyway. He doesn't need a blanket right now.

As for another project, my napkin rings, those are coming along nicely. They're being knit from a pattern in Simple Knits for Sophisticated Living using wire and beads. I picked up some jade and amythyst beads from Michaels to knit the with, and they're coming out great! I've got two done, and at least three more to go. I may buy some more beads though because I'd like to have a few more than 5. And with the beads I bought I had enough to make 5. So another set of beads would make it 10.

Once I get my DSL connection working again (stupid SBC) I'll post some pictures for you to enjoy.

Links to this post

Create a Link