« Home | BTW, check out the latest Knitworthy (on the left)... » | I hate socks. I hate socks. I hate socks. (pictur... » | I am stoked! My order from Smiley's Yarns just ar... » | Here are two lovely poems made from my site (to fi... » | Alright, here's some pictures of my current work! ... » | I started on my first ever sock today. I picked u... » | Wasn't I just talking about how I shouldn't be buy... » | Must....stop....buying....yarn.... Okay, after ... » | I'm starting a local Stitch & Bitch. If you live ... » | Introducing.........KNITWORTHY!!! (See right side... » 

Friday, June 20, 2003 

My order from Wool Needlework arrived this morning. They said shipping should take 1 1/2 to 2 weeks, but it got here in only one.

Included in the order were my 5 balls of Patons Katrina in black for the wrap top in the Summer issue of FCEK. Click on the link to see it, it's the purple sleeveless wrap top to the very top left. I'm doing mine in black.

I also ordered two balls of the Fortissima sock yarn in color 9070. And two balls of Regia sock yarn in the color "Funny."

And then I picked up two balls of Galway Irish Wool in Aran and two balls of Kitten Mohair in Off White to make the Cherry Twist top with. The two colors aren't exactly identical, but they're both off white colors, so they should blend together nicely.

I also picked up a pattern for a really cute cardigan, and for a sleeveless shell with a cowl neck.

All in all, my experience with Wool Needlework was pleasant, and I will consider doing business with them again. Especially since they have such great prices on their stuff.

In other news, I have crossed the frozen tundra, scaled the treacherous mountain, and swam through molten lava, and survived. Yes, I not only finished the heel on the sock, but I finished it well! Go me. It's my birthday. Go me. Go me. (once again, picture me dancing around the room, singing triumphantly, and doing the Cabbage Patch and the Running Man at the same time.)

Now I'm working on the foot. Next up: the toe, and the Kitchener Stitch. But I know I can do it. I am knitter. Hear me roar!

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates