« Home | Must....stop....buying....yarn.... Okay, after ... » | I'm starting a local Stitch & Bitch. If you live ... » | Introducing.........KNITWORTHY!!! (See right side... » | I'm a little more than 1/4 of the way finished wit... » | Welcome to another knitting blog. I am your host,... » 

Thursday, June 12, 2003 

Wasn't I just talking about how I shouldn't be buying more yarn? Well……I caved. Jonathan's afghan is getting to be too big to take on BART, so I needed something else to work on instead. I found a couple of cute, simple shell patterns and then made my way down to Art Fibers to find some nice yarn to make it with. Instead of leaving with a few balls to knit a shell with I left with 724 yards of some gray Chaucer (75% Angora 25% silk), three balls of Whisper (63% Super Kid Mohair, 17% Extra Fine Wool, and 20% Nylon), and three balls of Minstrel (63% Super Kid Mohair, 17% Extra Fine Wool, and 20% Nylon). I'm going to use the Minstrel to make the shell (probably the UCan2 Shell). The Whisper is this great almost electric blue color. I might use that to make an assymetrical top with, but I haven't decided. It needs to be in a fun and funky pattern, because it's too wild of a color to be used in something too conservative. Although, with the right pattern, it could spice up a plainer garment. As for the Chaucer, I haven't decided what to do with it yet. There's probably enough to knit another shell with, and it would be totally work appropriate. I'd like to find a classic pattern that's sexy and sophisticated. Maybe something with a soft cowl neck, maybe even a scoop neck with some drapey material like the cowl neck. Anyone know of any good patterns like this that take a yarn that's 19S/23R=4" on size 8's?

Links to this post

Create a Link