« Home | My order from Wool Needlework arrived this morning... » | BTW, check out the latest Knitworthy (on the left)... » | I hate socks. I hate socks. I hate socks. (pictur... » | I am stoked! My order from Smiley's Yarns just ar... » | Here are two lovely poems made from my site (to fi... » | Alright, here's some pictures of my current work! ... » | I started on my first ever sock today. I picked u... » | Wasn't I just talking about how I shouldn't be buy... » | Must....stop....buying....yarn.... Okay, after ... » | I'm starting a local Stitch & Bitch. If you live ... » 

Monday, June 23, 2003 

Work has begun on the FCEK wrap top. I'll post some pictures soon, but I'd like to get a little more progress done before I do. Also, my first sock is almost finished. I'm about 1/2 an inch away from starting the toe. So far I haven't looked at the toe instructions, but I'm going to try not to freak. After all, I survived the heel, so I'm sure I can survive the toe.

I've also decided to get the Denise Interchangeable set. I was trying to decide between that and the Boye set, but the recent Knitty article on the set has pushed the Denise set over the edge. Plus, there's the fact that it's practically half the cost of the Boye set. Despite that, I'm such a cheapskate that I still won't buy the set until I've found a good deal on them. Not even the fact that laying out the nearly $50 retail price for them is way cheaper than buying a complete set of individual circulars will convince me to pay full price. I guess I just don't believe in paying full price for anything I don't have to -- which shows in my yarn shopping habits too. I won't pay full price for yarn. And if I want to make something and I can't find the appropriate yarn on sale somewhere, I'll either pass up making it, or I'll use a different yarn. Knitting isn't cheap, but I am.

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates