« Home | I'm done! I stayed up until 1 in the morning Thur... » | I've finished the back of my FCEK Katrina top. I ... » | Still chugging away on Jonathan's blanket. I'm al... » | The weather in San Francisco is practically perfec... » | Work has begun on the FCEK wrap top. I'll post so... » | My order from Wool Needlework arrived this morning... » | BTW, check out the latest Knitworthy (on the left)... » | I hate socks. I hate socks. I hate socks. (pictur... » | I am stoked! My order from Smiley's Yarns just ar... » | Here are two lovely poems made from my site (to fi... » 

Monday, July 07, 2003 

I can't believe how fast progress is going on Cherry Twist. I'm already down to the hip shaping. However, there a couple of errors in the pattern that I've had to wrestle with. Some of the stitch counts don't match up in reality with what's in the pattern. So, I've improvised a little, and I'm hoping it will turn out okay. Also, I've found one or two stitches that have come out weird...maybe they're twisted? I don't know. I'm thinking of just leaving them because I don't want to frog back. Maybe I can find a way of fixing it without frogging? Probably not, but maybe I'll just be creative. The only real problem with it is that it leaves what looks like a little hole where the knit stitch should be.

In other news, I tried to be productive this weekend. I finally made my headboard this weekend. Though it's not knitting related, it is craft related. I used a 48" x 60" piece of wood, and wrapped some batting around it, using a staple gun to secure the ends of the batting to the back. Then I took a fitted sheet that I had gotten as part of a set and staple gunned that onto the headboard over the batting. It turned out really great. Now I'm just trying to decide if I should leave it plain or decorate it up a bit. I'm leaning towards putting some upholstery tacks in a few spots to give it a tufted look. But, I need to find some really cool upholstery tack buttons first. I'm thinking of trying to find some silver ones.

As for the rest of the sheets, what I did was I bought two lavender twin size sheet sets from Ross. I took the two flat sheets and made curtains for my bedroom with them. Then I put the two pillow cases on my bed. I used one of the fitted sheets for the headboard, and the other will be cut up to make smaller curtains for the little window in my bedroom. And since I'll still have some material left over, I was thinking I could use the rest to make a lampshade, or something else that I have yet to dream up. I'll try to post some pictures of everything so you can see what it looks like.

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates