« Home | Last night was the first meeting for the Stitch & ... » | Without further ado, I'd like to announce this wee... » | I can't go on even short distance trips without kn... » | ****Update**** I contacted the Denise company, ... » | So I was looking through my site referrals, and sa... » | Go figure I'd finish my FCEK wrap top, and it woul... » | As promised, pictures! First, here are a few pi... » | Last night I pretty much finished the FCEK Katrina... » | All right. Somebody's cheating. I've gotten a fe... » | Shame on me, buying more yarn. I took a little st... » 

Saturday, August 02, 2003 

I recently signed up to adopt a soldier for Christmas. Since this is primarily for soldiers over in Iraq, I'm not sure if there's anything that could be knitted for them (while the winter months are cooler, the temperature is usually between 45 and 75 degrees). This group, called Operation Air Conditioner, sends air conditioners over to the soldiers in Iraq to help them stay cool. They also send other needed items to the soldiers, and help individuals send items to the soldiers as well. I see it as a great way, regardless of how you feel about the war, to show our military men and women that we care about them and that we are thankful for what they sacrifice for the rest of us.

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates