« Home | Once again, a Lana Grossa "Model of the Month" pat... » | Jonathan and I were supposed to go camping this we... » | I recently signed up to adopt a soldier for Christ... » | Last night was the first meeting for the Stitch & ... » | Without further ado, I'd like to announce this wee... » | I can't go on even short distance trips without kn... » | ****Update**** I contacted the Denise company, ... » | So I was looking through my site referrals, and sa... » | Go figure I'd finish my FCEK wrap top, and it woul... » | As promised, pictures! First, here are a few pi... » 

Wednesday, August 06, 2003 

Last night I finished the front piece of the Tahki Ravello Shell. Now all that's left to do is to sew it together, and I'm going to do a quick pick up and bind off of the neck edge and maybe the armholes.

The only thing I'm debating is whether or not to block. The instructions call for blocking before assembling. I don't have a blocking board, though I could improvise. But I really don't want to block it -- more because I'm lazy than anything else. The size is pretty much right on, and there are only a few areas where the stitches could stand to have some adjustments, but otherwise I think it's okay. If I did block it, I'd want to assemble it first to see how it fits. I thought about assembling it with safety pins first, and trying it on, before seaming. If it fits well, maybe I wont bother with blocking...but I just don't know!!!

The whole blocking thing seems to be such an issue. I know some people who insist on blocking, and others who say they never do it. What's your opinion? Do you block sometimes, never, always? Do you have any easier methods of blocking? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates