« Home | Don't forget to check out my interview (Aug 25) be... » | Call me a lemming if you will (for doing what Quee... » | Tonight is the next Stitch n Bitch meeting. Hopef... » | Since I was out last week, I missed a Knitworthy. ... » | Sharlyn of Sit and Knit forwarded the following qu... » | I'm back (unfortunately) from vacation. I'm glad ... » | I'm on vacation for the next week. I'll be return... » | My Smiley's order came in today - in a huge box! ... » | I found this cute little felted eyelash tote bag w... » | As promised, here are a couple of pictures of the ... » 

Tuesday, September 02, 2003 

Genia of Genia Knits and Rock Chick of Purl Jam have both signed up to be interviewed by Yours Truly. Go check out their sites, and their interviews!!!

And, this week's Knitworthy is....a Smocked Eye Pillow!!!!! Yay! Great to go with the Herbal Neck Warmer. Remember, Christmas is just around the corner, so it's time to get busy making those gifts. These two would certainly make a well received gift for someone special.

Not much knitting got done this weekend. Let's see...I finished two mousies, and strated on a third. Though, I have a feeling the third is going to come out too big, so I'm going to rip it out. Otherwise I spent my weekend doing other stuff. I spent lots of time on Saturday and yesterday with Jon. I'd always pick that over knitting. And Sunday I spent half my day playing The Sims (love tha game!) and the other half of the day cleaning out my spare room/office. Let's just say it became my "dumping ground" when I moved in back in January. I had boxes of stuff stacked in the closet, in the corners, here, there, and everywhere. Then there were mountains of papers to be sorted through -- some to be filed, some to be tossed. Plus, my yarn stash was highly disorganized, swimming in a sea of bags. So far, I've taken care of all the filing/purging, emptied out the boxes, sorted through some stuff to keep/give away, straightened out the bookshelf a little bit, and generally made it look much better than it had. I need some more storage units in my closet in that room to store all of my yarn. Does anyone have any creative ideas for how you store your yarn? Right now it's all heaped up on the floor of one side of the closet.

My mother's birthday is in a week and a half, and I wanted to have her and my dad (and maybe my brother) over for dinner. But, my apartment has hardly been in decent enough condition for serious company (which means that since I moved in last January, I've only had a few people over - my boyfriend, my friend Alicia [and her friend Kristin once] and I think that's about it). So, I've been working my butt off to get it looking good by the 12th. I purchased some curtains for the living room; put the headboard behind my bed (it still needs upholstery tacks); purchased and installed an etagere for my bathroom; built some CD, DVD and VHS holders out of a leftover cardboard box to fit inside the deep, skinny cabinets on my entertainment unit (I was going to buy something but couldn't find anything that would fit AND didn't cost an arm and a leg -- the boxes still need to be covered with either wrapping paper or contact paper so they look a little nicer); and I've started hanging up pictures. There's still a lot that needs to be done, but it's coming along!

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates