« Home | One of the side effects of knitting in public is r... » | I shoulda waited.... The haircut is done, and I... » | One of these days I'll stop making appointments to... » | My first quiz in the tax course is over, and it wa... » | After spending the last hour and a half perusing t... » | Yay! New Knitty out today!!! I'll be back late... » | Must.... not.... fall..... aslee----zzzzzzzzzzzzzz... » | In Memoriam of 9/11 I'm so tried I could fall... » | I've become increasingly aware of a disturbing tre... » | Happy Monday! Only four more days until Friday...... » 

Friday, September 26, 2003 

I saw Stalker Boy again today. He got on the train the station after mine. And as he walked past me, he made some comment like "see, you're here today," or something equally asinine. I just sort of smiled, and then turned back to winding the ball of yarn I was working on.

But also related to yesterday's post, there was a girl sitting next to me working on either an embroidery or sewing project. We struck up a conversation about our crafts, and I invited her to join my Stitch and Bitch group. Like I said yesterday, sometimes you meet some weirdos, sometimes you meet some cool people.

I've started seaming the Tahki Ravello shell. It said to block first, but I didn't. I just want to get the damn thing put together. And I also finished the two pieces for the BNS, and I just have to pick up and finish the neck and shoulder edges, and seam it together. I'll probably be bad and not block it either.

I also picked the felted tote bag back up this morning. It's been such a while since I last worked on it that I forgot what size needles I had been using (I'm using needles from my Denise set, so I took the needles off and put the caps on the end of the cord to make it a stitch holder). But, I took a guess, and I think I was right. If not, I guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm going to try (try!) to finish that this weekend so I can get it felted.

As promised, here are some pictures. The lighting in my apartment was pretty bad when I took these pictures, but I didn't realize it until I got back to work this morning and started transfering the pictures over. I won't post any pictures of my bag for that reason, but the other pictures are at least sort of see-able.


BNS waiting to be seamed


Tahki Ravello Shell (the color is actually a lighter purple. This picture is a lot darker than the top actually is)


I also took a number of pictures of the catnip mice I made for the mouse-a-thon. Everyone was taking pictures with their cats (or dogs), and I don't have either. But, I do have hermit crabs, so I picked Neptune and Ephyra to pose with the mice for me. Nixie and Dax were left alone (this time). Here's are those pictures. (BTW, those are the dining chairs I picked up at the thrift store a few weeks ago and reupholstered.)








Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates