« Home | I saw Stalker Boy again today. He got on the trai... » | One of the side effects of knitting in public is r... » | I shoulda waited.... The haircut is done, and I... » | One of these days I'll stop making appointments to... » | My first quiz in the tax course is over, and it wa... » | After spending the last hour and a half perusing t... » | Yay! New Knitty out today!!! I'll be back late... » | Must.... not.... fall..... aslee----zzzzzzzzzzzzzz... » | In Memoriam of 9/11 I'm so tried I could fall... » | I've become increasingly aware of a disturbing tre... » 

Monday, September 29, 2003 

I'm one proud crabmama today. Ephyra and Neptune are celebrities! Check them out on Wendy's site. For those of you wondering why in the world I would have hermit crabs for pets, here's the answer. My landlord wont allow pets, like cats or dogs. I really wanted a guinea pig, but figured that would really be pushing it. Plus, I don't have a ton of time to devote to caring for an animal right now. Fish are just too boring for my tastes. You can't even take them out and play with them. So one day, about 6 months ago, I was at the mall and I came across a kiosk that was just being set up that day. Inside this big sandbox were a bunch of these cute little hermit crabs running around. Then and there I decided I wanted one. Of course, I went home and spent days researching them so I knew I'd be able to properly care for them. Then I went out and spent close to $100 on supplies (cage, food, toys, sand, heater, dishes, chemicals, etc.) and set up their crabitat. A few days after that I rushed to Petsmart just before closing and picked out four. My parents get a kick out of calling them their grandchildren, and my family likes to joke that the guy at the pet store gave me crabs.

The next Stitch and Bitch meeting is tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that. I was kind of hoping I'd have a few finished items to show off, but unless I get my shirts seamed up tonight, it probably won't happen. Tax class is just keeping me too busy right now to be super productive. But, I hope to have a new FO very soon!

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates