« Home | In Memoriam of 9/11 I'm so tried I could fall... » | I've become increasingly aware of a disturbing tre... » | Happy Monday! Only four more days until Friday...... » | Not much knitting going on lately. I've been spen... » | We're in the money, come on, my honey, Let's spen... » | Genia of Genia Knits and Rock Chick of Purl Jam h... » | Don't forget to check out my interview (Aug 25) be... » | Call me a lemming if you will (for doing what Quee... » | Tonight is the next Stitch n Bitch meeting. Hopef... » | Since I was out last week, I missed a Knitworthy. ... » 

Friday, September 12, 2003 

Must.... not.... fall..... aslee----zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Oh! Sorry! I'm pooped, and dinner hasn't even been served yet. I was up until after midnight again. Although this time it was mostly my fault. I was behind in schedule, so I stayed up until midnight to compensate. Then, just as I was in that not-quite-but-almost-asleep state, a van pulled up outside my apartment (my windows were open because it was really hot yesterday) and woke me up. I think it was the company in charge of the lighting doing some repairs. But, they were making a lot of noise, and sticking ladders along the side of the building (by my windows!), opening and shutting the door of the van, chatting loudly, etc. They were making me nervous, and keeping me awake. So, I finaly had to force myself to fall asleep. Needless to say, I feel like a zombie this morning.

I started on the cake last night, although I'm a little upset because the cake layers came out a little flatter than I would have liked. I dicked around with the cake mix a little (added some sour cream). Maybe I shouldn't have done that. Oh well. I also made a chocolate mousse filling/frosting from scratch and I'm going to fill/cover the cake with that, and fresh raspberries. It was my first time making whipped cream out of heavy whipping cream, and my first time making mousse from scratch. But, so far I think I did a good job. My mother is an excellent baker (not as good of a cook, but her cakes and pies are out of this world). So, I've had plenty of experience watching. I just don't want to disappoint her! As long as it doesn't taste like poo, I'm sure she'll be happy though. I was hoping to get the cake finished last night so it could sit in the fridge all day, but it didn't happen. I got started too late to do it. So, I'll have to finish it when I get home.

And I was going to prepare the stuffed mushrooms last night so that all I had to do was pop them in the oven, but I realized that I didn't have any parmesan cheese!! WTF? I could have sworn I had parmesan cheese. I did have a wedge of asiago that I could have tried to use, but I think it wasn't quite hard enough to grate well. Maybe....but I figured I'd just stop by Walgreens after work and grab a can of parmesan cheese, and red wine vinegar (the other thing I thought I had, and didn't).

At least most of my apartment is clean. I just need to vacuum, straighten up the slip covers on the couch, make my bed and put away some laundry, screw the seats onto two of the dining chairs I bought the other day, take out the trash, and clean the toilet. Jon is coming over after work, so I left him a list of stuff he could do to help me out -- and a lot of that stuff was on there. That way, I can get home and worry about cooking instead of worrying about cleaning. The only thing I just realized I wont get to do (I should have done it this morning before leaving for work) is to mop the kitchen floor. I guess it'll have to do with a sweep, and a quick wipe with a damp washcloth. It's not like it's that dirty. It mostly needs to be mopped.

Other than that, I just need to finish the cake, make and cook the mushrooms, make and cook the herbed potato wedges, make the green beans (which will take more than a few minutes because I'm making a special dressing for them), set the table (which I can probably get Jon to help me with), and keep myself from drinking the entire bottle of wine before my parents get here. I'll relax once dinner is served. And then tonight, I'll sleep like a bear.

Unfortunately I wont get to sleep in much tomorrow because Jon and I are going to a Giant's game. I wonder if I should take my knitting with me to the game....probably not. Jon would probably give me a hard time about it. Although, if the ball came my way, maybe I could catch it by spearing it with one of my knitting needles. Ha!

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates