« Home | We're in the money, come on, my honey, Let's spen... » | Genia of Genia Knits and Rock Chick of Purl Jam h... » | Don't forget to check out my interview (Aug 25) be... » | Call me a lemming if you will (for doing what Quee... » | Tonight is the next Stitch n Bitch meeting. Hopef... » | Since I was out last week, I missed a Knitworthy. ... » | Sharlyn of Sit and Knit forwarded the following qu... » | I'm back (unfortunately) from vacation. I'm glad ... » | I'm on vacation for the next week. I'll be return... » | My Smiley's order came in today - in a huge box! ... » 

Friday, September 05, 2003 

Not much knitting going on lately. I've been spending most of my time working on my apartment so it doesn't look like an undecorated disaster area when I have the 'rents over for my mom's birthday. Not that they'd think any less of me or anything. But, I've only had a few close friends over in the 7+ months I've been living there, and I'd like to have the place looking good so I can start entertaining. Especially since Christmas is right around the corner.

I have however finished a few mousies. I've gotten three ready for stuffing. I haven't done that many, but they only take me about an hour and a half to finish, so I should be able to get quite a few done. I'd like to have at least 10 to send in to Wendy. I also picked up some little bells to put inside, but I need to test it out first to make sure they'll jingle in there.

I also stopped by the two thrift stores near my complex last night. I picked up a bag of yarn from one. And it was fairly decent stuff -- it didn't smell bad, or look dirty, and the colors were actually useable. Of course, the quantities were small, but you can always find uses for them. I haven't really sat down and sorted through it yet though. At the other store I found two books, titled Stitch By Stitch Volumes 1 & 2 (check out this Ebay auction of the same two books). Not only did they have info on knitting and crocheting, but also on sewing and needlepoint. I wasn't going to buy them, but the store was having a 1/2 off all books sale, and decided that for a total of $1.40, I wasn't losing much if I never used them. They appeared to have some good info on the basics of each of those crafts, including clear illustrations. Plus, there were a few patterns for each craft too. There were only about two or three I might consider making...most looked garishly 80's. Though, if you look at recent fashion magazines, the 80's are making a come back. God forbid. There are just some trends and fads that should never be revived.

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates