« Home | Gah! The woman in this picture is laughing ... » | The Kyoto scarf is coming along beautifully--and I... » | One scarf down, many more to go. Last night I f... » | Argh! My tax class was cancelled last night. Not... » | Nobody told me the bag would take this long to dry... » | Hooray for progress! I actually got some knitting... » | Last night's Stitch and Bitch went really well. W... » | I'm one proud crabmama today. Ephyra and Neptune ... » | I saw Stalker Boy again today. He got on the trai... » | One of the side effects of knitting in public is r... » 

Thursday, October 16, 2003 

I sound like a phone sex operator. At least that's what the security guard at my building says. Because my voice was kind of raspy, she was asking me if I was secretly working from home as a phone sex operator, and that's where I got all my money to buy my yarn. Ha ha!

Our camping trip is taking a nose dive into the ground. Jon just called to tell me he talked to Mark (the guy organizing the trip, and whose birthday is tomorrow), and Mark told him that his friend Brian bailed on the trip. Daniel was going to come but his boss made him work this weekend, even though he already told Daniel he could have the weekend off. My friend Dan said he might be coming, but he won't be bringing Maggie because they broke up last night. I have a feeling Dan won't be coming anyway. And Jon's friend Dave is now complaining that he doesn't want to go because there's going to be nobody there (glad to know Jon, Mark and myself are "nobody"). So, Jon is trying to talk Dave into going still. I really can't stand flaky people. Just know that if you're the kind of person that originally says your going to do something and then makes some stupid excuse to back out of it at the last minute (especially if you were secretly thinking you didn't want to go in the first place), I hate you. People like that are irresponsible and inconsiderate. If something comes up and you can't make it, that's okay. But if you're a chronic flake, then you suck. Hard.

Now that that's out of my system.....

You may not be able to see it very well (the colors on my monitor at work are really off, so I can't tell what it will look like to most people with computers that work right), but this is a picture of my completed felted tote bag. If it looks like crap when I get home, I'll take a better picture for you.



And here are some pictures of the Kyoto scarf, which is now over 2/3 done.


Here's the full scarf


It's kind of blurry, but those are the colors.


I did it in a plain stockinette stitch. I know, how exciting. But I was looking for something simple, clean, and classic looking. Plus, I wanted something I could make quickly. If I don't finish it tonight, I plan to have it finished by tomorrow. What I do know for sure is that this scarf is absolutely yummy. I just can't get over how soft, shiny, and fuzzy it is!

Well, with that said, I leave you until Monday. Cross your fingers that my weekend isn't a total bust. I'll be pissed if we don't end up going anywhere though as that will make it the second time I took a day off to go away for the weekend, and ended up going nowhere.

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates