« Home | I sound like a phone sex operator. At least that'... » | Gah! The woman in this picture is laughing ... » | The Kyoto scarf is coming along beautifully--and I... » | One scarf down, many more to go. Last night I f... » | Argh! My tax class was cancelled last night. Not... » | Nobody told me the bag would take this long to dry... » | Hooray for progress! I actually got some knitting... » | Last night's Stitch and Bitch went really well. W... » | I'm one proud crabmama today. Ephyra and Neptune ... » | I saw Stalker Boy again today. He got on the trai... » 

Monday, October 20, 2003 

Well, we did end up going camping. Jon talked his friend Dave in to coming along, and Mark's friend Kyle showed up Saturday morning.

Friday morning I finished the Kyoto scarf, and laid it out to cold block it (I think I'm going to need to block it again). Because it's stockinette stitch, it's curling up quite a bit.

In order to get Dave to come with us this weekend, Jon had to help Dave with a test for an online class he had, and I had to go to the laundromat to wash his sleeping bag. While guarding the machine, I cast on for the Chianti scarf. I finished it Saturday afternoon. I decided to go super simple and work it up in garter stitch. I cast on 200 stitches and then switched the colors in a 5-3-4 pattern (5 rows A, 3 B, 4 C, 5 B, 3 C, 4 A, 5 C, 3 A, 4 B). Then I attached fringe on to the bottom after I was done. It turned out looking pretty good, and it was unbelievably warm around my neck. I've got an order for a black scarf for Jon now. I tried to convince him to let me toss in a little grey, but he wants solid black.

After finishing the Chianti scarf, I cast on for another felted purse. This one is also from Simple Knits for Sophisticated Living, but is more of a hand bag than a tote bag. This one will be done in black and grey.

And then yesterday afternoon I decided to start working on the afghan for Jon's parents. It's being worked up in a dark green Homespun, with a pattern called Homespun Stripes Afghan. I'm looking forward to it being a quick, easy knit.

I also just got my order from Wool Needlework. They threw in a free pattern for a teddy bear, and some samples of some of the other yarns they carry. I didn't realize it from the pictures, but the off-white Romance has a gold thread in it, and the other three have a silver thread running through it. Now I have to decide if I'm going to just use the pink, lavendar, and blue, or if I'll use all four. I just don't want the gold thread in the off-white yarn to throw the scarf off since the other three colors have silver.

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates