« Home | Absolutely amazing. The Knitbloggers Knitting Bas... » | Today Jonathan and I are celebrating our 6 year an... » | I'm a busy, busy girl. Tax Class is winding down,... » | Well, my birthday wasn't a total bust. It actuall... » | Happy Birthday to me! At least so far it's been b... » | My car was stolen today. Right out of the BART pa... » | Well, the decision I was stressing over last week ... » | I'm still looking for some extra Noro Silk Garden.... » | I NEED YOUR HELP! I'm a few yards short of enough... » | I've got too much on my mind right now. Spent the... » 

Thursday, November 20, 2003 

My tax class final is over, and I get it back tonight. I feel confident that I did well though. I'm just glad the class is over with.

I've started working on my first self-designed garment. I'm making a sleeveless shell with a drape neck out of a green mohair yarn, called Whisper, and a multi-colored sparkly novelty yarn, called Cartier, both from Artfibers. I plan to have it finished within the next two weeks so I can wear it to my company's Christmas party in New York. I'm looking for a nice black satin skirt to go with it. Here's a picture of my progress so far.



I cast on for it last night, after working out some of the details of the pattern. So far, so good (I think!). I'm just hoping I'm doing it right so I don't have to rip out and start all over again.

Stitches West is now accepting registration for classes. I found a few I liked, but nearly fell over when I saw how much the classes cost. For the two classes I was considering registering for, they were going to charge $125! I can figure it out on my own for far cheaper. That's how I've pretty much learned all of my knitting techniques as it is -- by teaching myself. Otherwise, I'm sure I can find someone who'd be willing to show me how to do for free, or for a small fee. I'm just hoping they don't charge you to go inside and oogle all the yarn. If so, I'm not going. I refuse to pay money for the opportunity to spend money.

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates