« Home | I'm still looking for some extra Noro Silk Garden.... » | I NEED YOUR HELP! I'm a few yards short of enough... » | I've got too much on my mind right now. Spent the... » | New book! I rarely ever buy my knitting books in ... » | Yesterday afternoon my order from Smiley's Yarns c... » | It's tangent Tuesday, folks. But before I get to ... » | Well, we did end up going camping. Jon talked his... » | I sound like a phone sex operator. At least that'... » | Gah! The woman in this picture is laughing ... » | The Kyoto scarf is coming along beautifully--and I... » 

Monday, November 03, 2003 

Well, the decision I was stressing over last week has been made, and executed. Now to sit back and watch the shit hit the fan, so to speak.

Knitting progress was nil this weekend. I had too much other stuff going on. Friday night Jon called me up and said he found a costume party to go to -- only I didn't have a costume. So, I spent the next hour and a half digging through my closet for something. I ended up going as pregnant white trash. However, when we got to his friend Richard's house (where we were meeting with a few other people who were supposed to be coming with us) Richard informed us that we were no longer going to the party because it had already died (and it was only about 9 o'clock!). His sister however was having a party, so we all headed over there and hung out until a little after midnight.

Saturday morning I woke up to no running water. Apparentely a water main broke, so the plumbing company had to dig down to get to it, and in the mean time had shut off the water. So, I used water from my water filtration pitcher in my fridge to brush my teeth, and drove out to my parent's house (about 8 miles away) to take a shower. Though, I did convince my little brother that he had nothing better to do than wash my car for me while I was in the shower. You should have seen it before -- there was a thick layer of dirt that had turned into mud when it rained a little Friday morning. So, I could barely see out the window.

Then Jon and I headed out to SF for a little while. He was supposed to buy me a pair of new shoes for Valentine's Day, but I couldn't find any I liked. So, finally I found some that weren't bad, and we got those. Plus, I'm getting some prescription sunglasses, and Jon helped me pick out a pair. And while he was at it, he got a pair for himself. After all of that, by the time we got home, the water was back on. Hooray!

And then on Sunday I took my mom out to lunch. Afterwards I had two mystery shops to do. So, I was gone most of the day.

Right now I'm in the process of trying to pick a hotel for my trip to New York in December. I'm heading out there for my company's Christmas party, and I'm bringing my boyfriend (like I did the last two times). And this time we're inviting his mom since she always complains about wanting to go there, but will probably never get to go. Even though he and I aren't thrilled about bringing her along, we decided (more like I decided, since it's my trip) to let her come with us this once. At this point I'm trying to decide between the Millenium Broadway or the Sofitel. And it's a tough choice.

Oh, and I think I found someone who has a little bit of Silk Garden in the color I need! I got an email from Marilyn the other day saying she had a little left over, and was willing to send it on. A million thanks, Marilyn!

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates