« Home | Happy Birthday to me! At least so far it's been b... » | My car was stolen today. Right out of the BART pa... » | Well, the decision I was stressing over last week ... » | I'm still looking for some extra Noro Silk Garden.... » | I NEED YOUR HELP! I'm a few yards short of enough... » | I've got too much on my mind right now. Spent the... » | New book! I rarely ever buy my knitting books in ... » | Yesterday afternoon my order from Smiley's Yarns c... » | It's tangent Tuesday, folks. But before I get to ... » | Well, we did end up going camping. Jon talked his... » 

Friday, November 07, 2003 

Well, my birthday wasn't a total bust. It actually turned out not so bad in the end, and I even got a few surprises!

Jonathan had flowers sent to my office for my birthday. He never sends me flowers, so this was a really nice surprise. He said he felt bad that I wasn't going to have much of a birthday, so he wanted to send me something to cheer me up (everyone join along now in saying "awwwwwwwwwwwwwww"). Here's a picture of the arrangement:



Then, last night, I went to my tax class. When I got there I went up to my teacher, Keith, and apologized for being absent on Tuesday. I explained to him how my car had been stolen, but was recovered on Wednesday. And I also told him how I had planned to skip last night's class because it was my birthday, but because I missed Tuesday, I didn't want to skip last night's too. We had a quiz on Tuesday, so I asked him what I should do about that. I suggested just skipping it since they drop your two lowest test scores anyway. Instead, he handed me the answer sheet (he usually goes over the questions with the class before the quiz anyway, so it wasn't like it was special treatment) at the beginning of class to study for 10 minutes. Then, at the end of the class I took the test.

We were spending the class working on a graded assignment due next Tuesday, so he wasn't really lecturing or anything. At one point he dismissed himself to run over to Safeway. A few minutes later he walked back into class with a shopping cart with some bags inside. He had gone down to Safeway and bought a couple of Entenmann's cakes, three bottles of sparkling cider, some ice cream cups, and some plates, napkins, cups and candles. He told the class that "anybody who comes to tax class on their birthday deserves a party" and then added "especially after the week she's been through." So, the class threw me an impromptu birthday party. I couldn't thank Keith enough. It definitely took an otherwise gloomy day, and made it a lot brighter. I went to bed with a smile on my face last night, assured that despite the fact that there are evil, inconsiderate people out there (like the jerks who stole my car), that there are still very sweet, and thoughtful people out there too.

Tonight I'm heading out to my parent's house for dinner, and to officially celebrate my birthday. Jon's supposed to pick me up, so I can drive the Celica back to my apartment complex. My youngest brother's friend said he was interested in purchasing my car from me. He knows about her history, but said he'd be interested in her anyway. So, I may sell her to him. I just hope he doesn't have the same kind of bad luck I did with her.

And so this site doesn't lose it's knitting content, here's a couple of pictures of the scarf I've been working on for my mom. I'm about 75% finished now. And I'm considering whether or not to make her some matching mittens or gloves. I haven't made any mittens or gloves before, but I'm sure I can figure it out no problem. That's pretty much what I always do when I first make something -- I figure it out as I go along.



Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates