« Home | Last night I had to rip out the Christmas top (see... » | My tax class final is over, and I get it back toni... » | Absolutely amazing. The Knitbloggers Knitting Bas... » | Today Jonathan and I are celebrating our 6 year an... » | I'm a busy, busy girl. Tax Class is winding down,... » | Well, my birthday wasn't a total bust. It actuall... » | Happy Birthday to me! At least so far it's been b... » | My car was stolen today. Right out of the BART pa... » | Well, the decision I was stressing over last week ... » | I'm still looking for some extra Noro Silk Garden.... » 

Tuesday, December 02, 2003 

I had a very nice weekend (nothing like having a 4 day weekend, you know). I ended up making the Cranberry Sauce with Roasted Shallots and Port, and it turned out yum. My family liked it too. Yay!

Friday I spent most of the day cleaning my apartment up top to bottom (it hasn't had a really good, thourough cleaning since September). I wanted to spiff the place up for having people over for the holidays. Plus, as much as I hate to clean, I do admit that having a tidy apartment is nice.

Then, when I had finished Friday night (well, everything except the laundry) I put up my Christmas tree! My grandparents gave me a 4-ft artificial tree they had, that they no longer had the energy to put up (they used to put up two trees, and they've decided recently to cut back to one). It's perfect size for my apartment. I had a blast Friday night decorating it in silver and gold. I had bought a bunch of ornaments for super cheap at Target last year the day after Christams (no better time to shop for Christmas stuff, if you ask me). It turned out looking really awesome.

I didn't do a whole lot of knitting this weekend. I tried to play a little catch up on my Christmas top, but didn't get too far. Though, after working on it yesterday and today, I'm at the waist. Only about 30 more rows to go until I'm back at the armholes. I better hurry though, because I need it in less than a week and a half.

Tonight is the Stitch & Bitch meeting. This time I'm hosting at my place. It looks like I've got only two people so far that said they're coming. Hopefully the two "maybes" will show too, and maybe a few others that didn't bother to RSVP. After the holidays I'm going to start advertising for the group again. I'd love to have a few more people at each of the meetings.

And since I skipped last week's Knitworthy, here's a website with a handful of really great knitting patterns. MLM Inspirations has patterns for lacy legwarmers, a flapper hat, a baby boa and cuff set, a kitty purse, a gothic lace sweater, a sexy halter, a hat for guys, a bikini top, and some fingerless gloves. All the patterns are unique and fun. So, check it out.

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates