« Home | I continue to get spam through my disposable email... » | I found this gem while surfing for more free k... » | I finally decided on and purchased a digital camer... » | Bargain alert! I just picked up a Magicord Ma... » | I'm a little perturbed at Blogger this morning. T... » | More than a week off from work, and what do I have... » | Hope you had a Merry Christmas! I'm thankful to b... » | We just had a 6.5 earthquake out here in Californi... » | I've signed up for the Great Stash Reduction Proje... » | Check out the first picture on this page. Notice ... » 

Wednesday, January 21, 2004 

I've picked the needles back up again. It's been a few weeks since I've done any knitting, since I've been pretty busy with tax season starting. So, this morning I cast on for another multidirectional scarf using the green Chaucer I bought from Artfibers. (see picture below)



That picture was taken using my new Canon G5 digital camera (as were the others below). I still need to learn how to use it properly, since I'm used to cheap point and shoot film cameras. But, I am learning. I also need more practice with holding the camera steady. I can't keep my hand perfectly still, so I'm prone to cause camera shake. Plus, it's worse now that I'm using the LCD screen instead of the view finder to frame shots. With the view finder, I could brace the camera against my face. Hopefully practice will help me reduce shaking. I got my last book from Overstock on digital photography yesterday, so I'm going to start reading up. Plus, my 512 mb memory card showed up yesterday, and I can put almost 400 pictures on that card at the highest resolution.

Here's a picture of the Extreme Hedonism Herbal Neck Wrap I've been working on. Actually, I haven't really touched it in about two weeks. I think it was the last thing I worked on before I got too busy. I think lengthwise I'm almost done. I just need to make the little flap, and the filling.



I'm making the neck wrap from some yarn I picked up at Artfibers on sale a few months ago. I'm actually not sure which yarn it is, since the sale yarns sometimes don't have labels -- and this one didn't.

Once I'm finished with the multidirectional scarf, I think I'm going to start on my Lily Bag. I purchased a kit from Threadbear Fiber Arts just before Christmas with some pretty green Cascade 220. Here's a picture of the kit.



Tonight I work at H&R Block again, and I may get to do my first real, live return!!! The manager, Ray, asked me if I was ready to do one on Monday night, and I told him that I was. I've finished 15 case studies, and I feel confident enough to at least to a fairly simple return (no farm income, rental property, depreciation, or anything else wacky like that yet). So, if we have clients tonight, I may get to do one. If not, there's always tomorrow night, or Sunday. But, either way, I'm getting closer to my first victim client.

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Dani
  • From San Francisco
email me

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates